Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Supplementary Warp Scarf is off the loom

All the weaving is done. I ended up with a much bigger sample than planned because I over estimated draw-in and shrinkage in the length. Its cotton, not wool! Also the PPI off the loom seemed to relax to 20, not my target 24. I washed and ironed the sample yesterday.



Today the weather has been atrocious - I have been at the kitchen table twisting the fringe and winding some wool for my next project. Tomorrow I shall finish the scarf (the second one can wait) and start on warping up for my next project which will be some more supplementary warp bit in wool this time.



1 comment:

  1. I have seen these fringe twisters, but only recently began weaving (2 years). I initially stumbled upon this gadget and haven't looked back. You might like it.
    http://www.lacis.com/catalog/data/AC_CordAndRopeMaking.html#IG02
    Tom Z.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are most welcome