Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2009

Erica Scarf

Concept
I wove this scarf in October 2007. I had just bought my first floor loom (LeClerc Initiation) on eBay and I was anxious to give it a whirl. This was also the first time that I had used a boat shuttle and the first time that I had worked on something that was not a part of our weaving lessons. I was trying for a "heathery" sort of colour scheme




Details
Plain Weave
Warp & Weft, Bendigo 2 ply (2927 yds/lb)
Warp colours, Venetian, Seqoia & Plum
Weft colour, Light Plum
Sett 14epi
Width 12", 168 ends
Warp length 98"
PPI 12.5
Final width 10.5"
Final length (excl. fringes) 62"



Results
There were several false starts and two unweavings before I managed to get the selvedges under control. The piece does not do too well if held up to the light for a close inspection of the evenness of the beat, but that is not too noticeable when I am wearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are most welcome